The Assistant Orthotist/Technician is responsible for assisting the Certified Orthotists with brace fabrication, general operations, and providing direct care to patients. This individual will help ensure excellent patient care is provided, business operations run smoothly, and the organization’s goals and objectives are achieved. This position is ideal for college seniors or recent graduates who would like to gain experience (part-time or full-time) before applying to healthcare graduate schools.
Primary Responsibilities include assisting Certified Orthotists (CO) with patient care and the following tasks:
- Evaluate patient X-ray, perform a scan for a custom fit brace, obtain patient measurements, and select the appropriate design
- Modify custom brace for final delivery
- Ensure satisfactory fit, comfort with the patient, and proper mechanical operation of brace
- Educate the patient and family on the bracing process and wearing and caring for their brace
- Maintain proper records regarding patient care, which includes notes and documentation for each appointment
- Fabricate braces – carving of foam blocks/molds, pulling plastic for braces, trimming braces, cutting pads, cutting straps, and preparing molds and other materials
National Scoliosis Center is seeking a Certified Orthotist, CO or CPO, to consult, provide, and fabricate custom TLSOs for scoliosis and spinal disorder patients at either of our locations (Baltimore, Maryland, or Fairfax, Virginia). The responsibilities for this position include managing comprehensive care-patient assessment, formulation and implementation of a treatment plan, and working with patient physicians. The individual must be knowledgeable about (or eager to learn) current trends in the scoliosis orthotic industry. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
National Scoliosis Center is 100% dedicated to non-operative, evidence-based treatment of scoliosis and spinal disorders. Our team of professionals uses techniques including Rigo Cheneau style bracing, Schroth physical therapy, low-dose X-rays, patient education, and emotional support. Since we are scoliosis specialists, we are active participants with international scoliosis communities such as SOSORT and SRS, and frequently travel internationally to present and to learn. NSC is honored to partner with the top Orthopedists in the region, working together to provide the best possible treatment for our patients.
National Scoliosis Center is located in the greater Washington DC area (with offices in Fairfax, VA, and Baltimore, MD) and proudly serves patients both locally and worldwide.
Our main office is located near the upscale Mosaic District and the DC Metro with short rides to mountains or beaches. Northern Virginia offers some of the best schools in the country, with our public schools ranked #4 in the US. Relocating here would be an excellent opportunity for any family.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance plans
- 401K contribution
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity to focus on pediatrics & making a difference in the lives of young people
- Future management/ownership opportunities
One-Year Fellowship in Scoliosis Management
Our Fairfax, VA office is accepting applications for a Certified Orthotist (as described above) to work as a mentee under Luke Stikeleather (Founder, President, and Chief Orthotist of the National Scoliosis Center) for one year. Our fellowship opportunity allows for a CO to learn about complete scoliosis management.