There is some preparation required prior to your first appointment with us; you will need to obtain (or complete) several things, and plan to wear the appropriate clothing (see below) to your appointment.
Here is what is needed:
1. New Patient Forms – to be completed prior to your first visit
After you contact us and set an appointment, you will receive an automated email from our patient portal which will allow you to complete the registration forms online. If you are not able to complete these online, please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment so they can be completed prior to the start of your visit.
2. Prescription for Brace (TLSO) – bring to your first appointment or send to us ahead of time
A prescription for your brace is required for an insurance claim.
If you do not have a prescription – please contact your referring physician to write an order for a “Rigo Cheneau Custom TLSO Brace” or “Custom TLSO Brace”. Ensure your physician documents the diagnosis on the order. If desired, the physician can use our fillable prescription form.
3. Letter of Medical Necessity – bring to your first appointment or send to us ahead of time
A Letter of Medical Necessity is required by health insurance carriers for prior authorization and claim processing. This can be requested from your referring physician.
4. Clinical Notes – bring to your first appointment or send to us ahead of time
Clinical notes are also required by health insurance carriers for claim processing and can be requested from your referring physician. The notes should be from your last visit when your physician recommended a brace for treatment.
5. Prescription for X-ray or current X-ray
We can take your X-rays here in our center using our EOS imaging system on the day of your first appointment. A typical EOS scan uses about one-third of the radiation of a conventional X-ray and provides clear images that do not need to be stitched together.
Please note, by state law, we cannot perform an X-ray without a prescription. The ordering physician can use our fillable prescription form, if desired.
If you will be bringing X-rays (CD is preferred) with you to the first appointment, they need to have been taken within 6 weeks of your scan appointment date.
Here is what to wear (and NOT wear):
The first appointment usually involves measuring, scanning, and sometimes an X-Ray. To get the best measurements possible, wear form-fitted clothing. At our office, we provide every patient with a tight-fitting, white shirt to wear during their measurement and delivery appointments.
- Wear fitted clothing
- Do not wear jeans or pants/shorts with belts (or belt loops)
- A bra (or sports bra) to keep on under the white shirt (color does not matter)
- Yoga pants, leggings, compression shorts, or athletic shorts/pants with an elastic waistband
- Athletic shorts/pants with an elastic waistband, or compression tights/shorts